Friday, April 13, 2012

Answer #3

EQ: What is most important for perfecting the role of a ballerina?

Answer 3: In order to perfect the role of a ballerina, you must be "immune" to pain so that pain doesn't stop your dancing.

Facts: Pain overcomes a ballerina everytime she puts the pointe shoe on. Every time they dance, there's always a certain amount of pain in their feet. Pain also comes when a blister is formed or popped, when you have a current injury (ex. tendonitis), when the pointe shoe is worn out, when a toe nail is a little too long, and lastly when your feet/ankle/legs are too exhausted.

Example: John, Emma. "'I Was Doing a Solo and I Heard My Foot Crack'" While the ballerina was dancing onstage, she broke one of her bones but she still finished her performance without any emotion of being hurt.

Evidence and Sources: #1 Article: John, Emma. "'I Was Doing a Solo and I Heard My Foot Crack'" http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2006/sep/05/dance. #2 Article: Ballerina's dance with current injuries. This article is about common injuries. "IADMS." IADMS. Web. 15 Mar. 2012. . #3 Life evidence: The girls in my dance class and I all are hurting during class sometimes and some of us take our shoes off but some of us stick it through the whole class time.

No comments:

Post a Comment