Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I've Learned So Far

1) What have you learned how to do since you started working on your senior project?
I have learned the strengths and training that all ballerinas need to have in order to dance and dance on pointe. I have also learned the reason why I have tendonitis on my ankle and the other different injuries that a dancer can have.

2) Post evidence of this accomplishment. It can be in the form of a picture, video, document, etc..
a picture showing the strengths in my legs and ankle.


3) What research helped you to do this and how?
#7 Ballet Basics
#11 Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition
Article Name: “Dancers and Choreographers”
These two articles gave me information about the strengths and training that a ballerina needs to have in order to dance.

#21, #21B, #21C Foot and Ankle Injuries in Dance
This article helped me understand all the different injuries that dancers may have specifically, ballerinas. It also taught me why I have tendonitis (unique injury to non-dancers) on my ankle. (Common ballerina injury)

No comments:

Post a Comment